QA Automation Engineer
Rapipay is looking for a talented and self-driven Lead Engineer – Android native apps who loves technical challenges. The Lead Engineer will be laying down the foundations for our NeoBanking Android app in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. We are building a platform for customer banking, secure onboarding, integrations with external systems, wallet, payments, lending, risk mitigation and analytics for driving intelligence from customer interaction patterns. It’s an exciting time to join the team as we’re setting the approach, design, and architecture for a holistic B2C technology offering.
Your work will touch systems at scale that reach customers all across India, empower them with our financial offerings, while having a significant impact on our business. You’ll get to experience the dynamic, diverse and collaborative agile working environment we are so proud to provide. You will use agile methodologies to plan ahead, understand and communicate priorities clearly and work closely with product owners, UX designers, engineers, and architects.
Typical job responsibilities for this position include:
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using
industry-accepted best practices.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying
industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality
goals are met.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services
and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and
- Extensive hands on test experience within Agile projects, with a strong understanding of the Sprint, CI and release testing lifecycles.
- Extensive automation experience and the ability to specify, to develop and to implement automation frameworks and advice on industry best practice.
- Experience of leading teams.
- Pro-active in managing test dependencies, coordinating test coverage and execution.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Open Source tools and Cloud based services including Cucumber, Gherkin, Jasmine, Cypress, WebDriver, Jenkins/Drone/Gitlab and REST libraries (RESTAssured, Karate, etc).
- Experience of containerised techniques, using Docker, and Cloud Based Hosting
- Demonstrable experience of working with micro service architectures and data services
- Defining and advising on test scope, approach, risks and assumptions across DevOps and agile testing.
- Ability to work with all relevant parties (project, supplier technical teams, internal technical teams, service delivery, and so forth) to ensure an effective test service is maintained throughout the Agile delivery lifecycle.
Why join us:
Rapipay recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a financial technology platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. We recognize the power of financial services to break down barriers and make it easy for customers to avail banking, investments and lending solutions – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.