QA Automation Engineer
Rapipay is looking for a talented and self-driven Lead Engineer – Android native apps who loves technical challenges. The Lead Engineer will be laying down the foundations for our NeoBanking Android app in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. We are building a platform for customer banking, secure onboarding, integrations with external systems, wallet, payments, lending, risk mitigation and analytics for driving intelligence from customer interaction patterns. It’s an exciting time to join the team as we’re setting the approach, design, and architecture for a holistic B2C technology offering.
Your work will touch systems at scale that reach customers all across India, empower them with our financial offerings, while having a significant impact on our business. You’ll get to experience the dynamic, diverse and collaborative agile working environment we are so proud to provide. You will use agile methodologies to plan ahead, understand and communicate priorities clearly and work closely with product owners, UX designers, engineers, and architects.
What you’ll do:
You will take on the role of technical expert and a senior member of our web apps team.
- Apply software design principles, data structures and/or design patterns, and computer science fundamentals to write clean, maintainable, optimized, and modular code with good naming conventions.
- Establish our web app as a premier offering, while ensuring web application performance, responsiveness, reliability and maintainable codebase contributions.
- You will ensure that the visual and UX design is up to spec, that the app size is efficient, and that web platform specific offerings are utilized for a good and user friendly experience.
- You will work to gain a solid understanding of our user’s needs, help define and prioritize new features, and offer constructive critiques of planned features.
- You will be involved in product feature development, and will be working in close partnership with other engineering teams.
- You will be responsible for mentoring other team members and ensuring that the app architecture is scalable with shared UI components, a networking layer, allowing us to achieve maximum velocity, democratize the development of our web apps, and move quickly into new technology opportunities.
Who you are:
- Are a Senior Software Engineer – UI development with 4-8 years of hands-on web app experience
- Are passionate about building and refining high performance web apps
- Partner with the Design team to determine the best UI
- Have experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining complex web applications
- Carefully evaluate the technical trade-offs of every decision
- Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
- Are willing to learn from everyone, communicate well, and strive to be an effective team member.
- Have worked on technologies – React, Redux, Redux Saga, Context API, Typescript, ES6, Object Oriented Programming Paradigm, LESS/SASS, EmotionJS, HTML5, CSS3, Web Accessibility, Responsive Web Designs, Material UI/ Bootstrap/Semantic UI CSS frameworks, git
- Good to have experience with anyone of the charting libraries like (google charts/ D3 charts or Hi charts), GraphQL and Web Security Layers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline
Why join us:
Rapipay recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a financial technology platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. We recognize the power of financial services to break down barriers and make it easy for customers to avail banking, investments and lending solutions – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.