Senior Software Engineer (IOS)
Rapipay is looking for a talented and self-driven Lead Engineer – Android native apps who loves technical challenges. The Lead Engineer will be laying down the foundations for our NeoBanking Android app in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. We are building a platform for customer banking, secure onboarding, integrations with external systems, wallet, payments, lending, risk mitigation and analytics for driving intelligence from customer interaction patterns. It’s an exciting time to join the team as we’re setting the approach, design, and architecture for a holistic B2C technology offering.
Your work will touch systems at scale that reach customers all across India, empower them with our financial offerings, while having a significant impact on our business. You’ll get to experience the dynamic, diverse and collaborative agile working environment we are so proud to provide. You will use agile methodologies to plan ahead, understand and communicate priorities clearly and work closely with product owners, UX designers, engineers, and architects.
What you’ll do:You will take on the role of technical expert and a senior member of our Native Apps team.
- Apply software design principles, data structures and/or design patterns, and computer science fundamentals to write clean, maintainable, optimized, and modular code with good naming conventions.
- Establish our iOS app as a premier offering, while ensuring application performance, reliability and maintainable codebase contributions.
- You will ensure that the visual and UX design is up to spec, that the app size is efficient, and that iOS platform specific offerings are utilized for a truly native experience.
- You will work to gain a solid understanding of our user’s needs, help define and prioritize new features, and offer constructive critiques of planned features.
- You will be involved in product feature development and will be working in close partnership with other engineering teams.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the app architecture is scalable with shared UI components, a networking layer, allowing us to achieve maximum velocity, democratize the development of our iOS apps, and move quickly into new technology opportunities.
Who you are:
- Are a native iOS engineer with 4 to 7 years of hands-on mobile app experience
- Designing and building mobile applications for Apple’s iOS platform and publishing apps on App Store.
- Partner with the Design team to determine the best UI and infrastructure practices
- Have experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining complex mobile applications
- Carefully evaluate the technical trade-offs of every decision
- Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
- Are willing to learn from everyone, communicate well, and strive to be an effective team member.
- Proficient in Swift, Cocoa Touch, Auto-layout, Multithreading, Storyboard, Memory Management and performance tuning
- Experience with storage solutions, such as CoreData and SQLite
- Tools: Xcode, SonarQube, Git etc
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services
- Experience with mobile analytics tools like Google analytics, Firebase, Mixpnael for effective digital user engagement and analytics
- Good to have experience with Jetpack Compose, GraphQL
- Good to have experience with Test-Driven Development, CI/CD, DevOps and A/B testing practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline
Why join us:
Rapipay recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a financial technology platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. We recognize the power of financial services to break down barriers and make it easy for customers to avail banking, investments and lending solutions – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.