Rapipay is looking for a talented and self-driven Lead Engineer – Android native apps who loves technical challenges. The Lead Engineer will be laying down the foundations for our NeoBanking Android app in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. We are building a platform for customer banking, secure onboarding, integrations with external systems, wallet, payments, lending, risk mitigation and analytics for driving intelligence from customer interaction patterns. It’s an exciting time to join the team as we’re setting the approach, design, and architecture for a holistic B2C technology offering.
Your work will touch systems at scale that reach customers all across India, empower them with our financial offerings, while having a significant impact on our business. You’ll get to experience the dynamic, diverse and collaborative agile working environment we are so proud to provide. You will use agile methodologies to plan ahead, understand and communicate priorities clearly and work closely with product owners, UX designers, engineers, and architects.
What you’ll do:
You will take on the role of architect to provide solutions for effective product technology outcomes.
- Design and implement critical microservices for the fintech platform.
- Identify common platform solutions which should help in the technology needs across multiple lines of businesses.
- Work on cutting edge cloud technologies to design and develop solutions and frameworks. Partner with DevOps team to work on a common vision to develop effective solutions.
- Leverage open source alternatives which can be extended/ developed in-house for cost effectiveness, while ensuring they are maintainable, interoperable, scalable and secure (app and data). Also, ensure performance, reliability, and monitorability.
- Evaluate technology solutions, perform design reviews for multiple teams/ applications.
- Work closely with Data Engineering, DevOps, Mobile/Web development, and security teams to design solutions with appropriate scope, ensuring data consistency, security, scale and critical customer scenarios.
- You will be partnering with architects, product owners and/or business systems analysts, engineering teams, business stakeholders to lead the systems design and implementation of technology solutions.
- Own component(s) of product and ensure its production readiness. You will be involved in product feature design and development, and will be working in close partnership with other engineering teams.
- You will be responsible for mentoring other team members and ensuring that the architecture is scalable with shared services, and move quickly into new technology opportunities.
Who you are:
- You have an overall software development experience of 9 to 12 years, with 3+ years spent in leading the design of backend systems in Java, Kotlin, Spring boot, data, cloud, containerization, docker, Kubernetes and other technologies.
- Exposure to AWS stack/cloud computing.
- Working knowledge of software engineering principles, domain driven design patterns, and R&D Engineering practices
- Familiar with Devops processes and agile methodology.
- You must have experience in debugging and identifying bottlenecks and performance optimization.
- Self-motivated architect who takes ownership of work and responsibility of delivering
- You have a good understanding of relational database, NoSQL technologies, and REST
- Good to have – familiar with gRPC/ protobuf
- You have strong computer science fundamentals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline
Why join us:
Rapipay recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a financial technology platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. We recognize the power of financial services to break down barriers and make it easy for customers to avail banking, investments and lending solutions – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.