Rapipay is looking for a talented and self-driven Lead Engineer – Android native apps who loves technical challenges. The Lead Engineer will be laying down the foundations for our NeoBanking Android app in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. We are building a platform for customer banking, secure onboarding, integrations with external systems, wallet, payments, lending, risk mitigation and analytics for driving intelligence from customer interaction patterns. It’s an exciting time to join the team as we’re setting the approach, design, and architecture for a holistic B2C technology offering.
Your work will touch systems at scale that reach customers all across India, empower them with our financial offerings, while having a significant impact on our business. You’ll get to experience the dynamic, diverse and collaborative agile working environment we are so proud to provide. You will use agile methodologies to plan ahead, understand and communicate priorities clearly and work closely with product owners, UX designers, engineers, and architects.
We are looking for a qualified Database developer to design stable and reliable databases, according to our company’s needs. You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively.
As part of our IT team, you will work closely with developers to ensure system consistency. You will also collaborate with administrators and clients to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our database systems run effectively and securely on a daily basis.
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
- Good understand database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Expertise in SQL
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
Years Of Experience
Full time BE / B Tech or Graduation / Post Graduation from a reputed institute
Technical & Functional Requirements
- Proven work experience as a Database developer
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users’ requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Modifying databases and products according to client needs.
- Working to create functional requirements.
- Providing assistance to others in topics related to data management.
- Creating reports on databases.
- Designing and developing database architectures.
- Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases
- Experience with some of the modern relational databases
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Operating Systems Linux , Windows, Android Development Tools and Databases Android Studio, SQLite SCM and Issue Tracking tools Perforce, GIT, JIRA.
Technical & Competencies Requirements
- Hands-on knowledge of Database Development and Performance Optimization.
- Knowledge of internal and “best practice” principles of software engineering/SDLC
- Good Analytical, Communication and Negotiation skills for interacting with 3rd Party Vendors, Other R&D teams, Testers, and stakeholders across the globe.
- Good Understanding of Web & its technologies
Why join us:
Rapipay recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a financial technology platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. We recognize the power of financial services to break down barriers and make it easy for customers to avail banking, investments and lending solutions – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.