Rapipay is looking for a talented and self-driven Lead Engineer – Android native apps who loves technical challenges. The Lead Engineer will be laying down the foundations for our NeoBanking Android app in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. We are building a platform for customer banking, secure onboarding, integrations with external systems, wallet, payments, lending, risk mitigation and analytics for driving intelligence from customer interaction patterns. It’s an exciting time to join the team as we’re setting the approach, design, and architecture for a holistic B2C technology offering.
Your work will touch systems at scale that reach customers all across India, empower them with our financial offerings, while having a significant impact on our business. You’ll get to experience the dynamic, diverse and collaborative agile working environment we are so proud to provide. You will use agile methodologies to plan ahead, understand and communicate priorities clearly and work closely with product owners, UX designers, engineers, and architects.
What you’ll do:
You will take on the role of technical lead to provide solutions for effective product technology outcomes.
- Work closely with Architects, technical and business stakeholders to execute various initiatives
- Design, establish and enhance various microservices, while ensuring application performance, reliability and maintainable codebase contributions.
- Learn technologies quickly and apply effectively
- Facilitate requirement analysis, conduct peer reviews, provide feedback, and enhance frameworks.
- Design, build and maintaining real-time, large scale and highly available applications
- You will work to gain a solid understanding of our user’s needs, help define and prioritize new features, and offer constructive critiques of planned features.
- You will be involved in product feature development, and will be working in close partnership with other engineering teams.
- You will be responsible for mentoring other team members and ensuring that the architecture is scalable with shared services, and move quickly into new technology opportunities.
Who you are:
- You have an overall software development experience of 7 to 10 years
- 7+ years proficiency in Java and Spring boot
- Familiar with distributed computing and frameworks such as gRPC/ protobuf
- Understands JVM metrics, Garbage collection and performance tuning
- Experience in creating high-level design(HLD) and low-level design(LLD)
- You have a good understanding of relational database, NoSQL technologies, and REST
- Exposure to AWS stack/cloud computing
- Self-motivated developer who takes ownership of work
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline
- Experience in Product Development Environment is a plus.
Why join us:
Rapipay recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a financial technology platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. We recognize the power of financial services to break down barriers and make it easy for customers to avail banking, investments and lending solutions – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.